Serving Christ with Joy!

Serving Christ With Joy!


Saturday 29 October 2016

October 2016

Time flies when you’re having fun!

It’s the start of Year 5 at King’s! Hard to believe. Well, what’s really hard for me to believe is that it’s been eight years since I had my last September start in a public school classroom setting. Miss it? Sometimes. But this is more a much better match for this season of life and oh, so much more fun!

This summer I did a lot of reading and podcasts/YouTube and concluded that I (well, God), have been doing a good job at making disciples- men who have a good, consistent walk with God and are experiencing transformation, but I need to do a much better job of making them into disciplemakers- a 2 Timothy 2:2 heart to equip others for a lifetime of ministry. 

So my focus has shifted somewhat, and with some returning students, I am challenging them to be intentional in finding someone to invest in- not only as a mentor, but also a disciplemaker because they too are called to make disciples (Matthew 28:19,20). The link below helps define the difference.

And I’m no less excited about the other returning students or the first years that have decided to engage with me! Whether studying the Bible or a book with me, whether a yet-to-be-believer or a more mature one, I look forward to seeing God move them forward in their spiritual journey. 

Prayer requests

  1. That I pray as much as I participate in the ministry work and let the Lord build the house with the “living stones” (1 Peter 2:5)  he gives me. 

  1. That I live what I say: “Programs don’t make disciples, men make disciples” (with the understanding that really, God makes disciples.)

“The joy of the Lord is my strength.” 
Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment