Serving Christ with Joy!

Serving Christ With Joy!


Thursday 1 January 2015

January 2015

Dear Friends, 

It’s that time of “New Year’s Resolutions” and I’m not a supporter of that philosophy. Will what I promise myself in January be a priority six months from now? Eight months? Ten months? 364 days? 

Rather, I believe in a reassessment and reset of short term goals at the start of a new season of life in a year and for me and the ministry, it falls along the university calendar- winter term, summer, fall term… about every three or four months.  For years I’ve used

“And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man.”
Luke 2:52

Four areas- school and/or professional development, physical health, my journey with God, my walk in life with others- believers and community people (“The Wheel Illustration”).

This will be the theme of my first meetings with students next week, walking them through an assessment of last term, what will they do better/different this term to maximize opportunities. I only ask them to do what I do and hope it sets a life-long pattern. 

I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, 
may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, 
so that you may know him better. 
I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened
in order that you may know 
the hope to which he has called you,
  the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and    
    his incomparably great power for us who believe. 
Ephesians 1:17-19 New International Version (NIV)

May this prayer become true/more true for all of us.

Blessings, 
Bob
Spiritual Mentor and Life Coach
King's University in partnership with Calvary Baptist Church


No comments:

Post a Comment