Serving Christ with Joy!

Serving Christ With Joy!


Thursday 5 June 2014

June 5, 2014- extended stay

Dear Friends,

It seems it was only a few days ago since I last wrote, and in many ways, not much has changed. I have been better able to set personal routine- so important to me!, have met people in the church and in the community, chatted as best I could with local business owners, and it seems that there are always more people who want to join my classes.

That's good and bad because attendance has not been consistent- sometimes one or two of a class of 8, sometimes no one... and then a first timer shows. Challenges for sure and I'm having to dig up my teacher skills of flexibility, quick review and in some cases, surprisingly, classroom management!

The next team scheduled for teaching at the Language Center is July 26th, leaving a seven week gap. This, plus the great ministry opportunities with the private students, I have sought  the prayerful counsel of others (thanks Rusty, Mercy, Phil and the Colombian leadership I'm working with), and rebooked my return flight,  extending my stay until July 9th. That's another four weeks, doubling my time here!

Please pray for me as I make adjustments for the longer stay. This includes working with the Language Center administrator, developing four more weeks of teaching material, hearing God's leading in the conversations I have with individuals- believers and non/pre-believers, and learning more Spanish to aid in communication (although there are some great apps that have helped!)

Thanks for your support!

Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment